Materials & Soils Testing
MTGL, Inc. provides comprehensive geotechnical and materials engineering services specializing in the following areas: Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Inspection/ Testing, Materials Engineering/ Construction Consulting, Pavement Consulting, Non-destructive Examination, Roof Inspection/ Testing, Environmental Services.
Materials Engineering identifies, analyzes and recommends optimum types or combinations of structural construction materials. The objective in testing materials combinations is to achieve the perfect balance of critical performance quality for a reasonable investment and encourage the most cost-effective solutions.
If structural materials perform inadequately, or if uncertainties exist about their quality, MTGL can quantify unknown properties, investigate, and report how and why these conditions exist. When requested, we will recommend acceptable alternatives.
Our firm has expertise with the properties of concrete, asphalt, masonry, steel, and other materials, as well as the full range of construction practices. MTGL's personnel are skilled at determining or investigating construction problems and providing our clients with economical solutions.
- Asphal batch plant inspection
- Asphalt mix design review
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- Concrete cracking analysis
- Coring of concrete and masonry
- Fault evaluations
- Field instrumentation and monitoring
- Fireproofing inspection
- Foundation design
- Geophysical studies
- High strength anchor and expansion bolt testing
- Laboratory testing of soils
- Asphalt concrete, mortar, grout and steel testing
- Landslide evaluations
- Load testing of bolts and embeds